The Darkbane Warders
- This game uses the ‘Spell Point’ spellcasting system variant, which can be found here.
- Spellcasters do not require spell components or focuses with a cost of one gp or less, as if they had the ‘Eschew Materials’ feat. Sorcerers receive a Bloodline Feat at first level instead of the ‘Eschew Materials’ feat.
- The ‘Cure’ and ‘Inflict’ spell lines, as well as the Heal and Harm spells, now have a range of close rather than touch.
- The ‘Raise Dead’ and ‘Resurrection’ spells can only raise someone who has been dead for no more than one hour per caster level, while the True Resurrection spell can raise someone who has been dead for up to one day per caster level. Additionally these spells may reanimate sentient undead, but does not cure the infliction of undeath within them. Raising characters who have been dead longer than this requires the intervention of more powerful beings called through a Miracle or Wish spell, which may or may not be able to perform the feat.
- The Fly, Overland Flight, and Wind Walk spells have been removed from the game. The Air Walk spell now has a maximum height limitation of 5 feet/2 level from the ground level. If cast above this requisite the character falls slowly 60 ft. per round until this limit is reached with no danger of falling damage. Witches gain Air Walk as a fourth level spell and the ‘Flight’ hex no longer grants the flight ability, but instead grants the Witch the ability to walk on the air as if by the Air Walk spell for a number of minutes per day equal to her level. Other forms of flying such as those gained from transformations are unchanged.
- Items which provide flying ability similar to a Fly spell (Winged Boots, Wings of Flying, etc.) are no longer available. Celestial Armor no longer grants the ability to fly once per day, but instead has “Once per day when the wearer of the armor is reduced to 0 hp or less they are immediately healed 3d8+10 hit points. If the character’s hit point total is greater than their Con score after this healing they are not slain, as if by the spell ‘Breath of Life’.”
- Lay on Hands now has a range of 30 feet.
- The alignment and code of conduct requirements for Paladins have been removed, as there is no strict deity governing them.
- The feats Brew Potion, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Forge Ring, and Craft Wonderous Item all require character level, rather than caster level, allowing non spellcasters to recieve the feats. Non-spellcasters must use some form of crafting skill related to the feats in their creation, and use their ranks of that skill as their caster level for determining the effects of the item.